NOW: $69.99 (12% off!)WAS: $79.99*
Learn More About Air Mattresses
How To Buy Air Mattresses
A restful night at the campsite can help you make the most of your adventure the next day. So get a good night's sleep with a quality air mattress from DICK'S Sporting Goods.
Roughing it isn't so bad with the latest air mattresses for camping. Comfortable and easy to set up, you can use your mattress well beyond the campsite — they're great for overnight guests and trips out of town. Select from a variety of sizes and materials to find your best night's sleep.
If you're looking for the most comfortable mattresses available, shop our collection of best air mattresses.
Some air mattresses are designed at double the height, making it easier to get in and out of bed. Adjustment settings let you customize your level of firmness.
Sleeping pads are a great alternative to air mattresses. They offer light padding and protection and are typically paired with a sleeping bag.
Get the comforts of home with queen/full air mattresses or more compact twin air mattresses. Shop trusted brands including Therm-A-Rest®, AeroBed® and many more.
Keep in mind these other factors when selecting your new air mattresses:
- Air retention is crucial for a good night’s rest. Quality material and welded or reinforced seams help stave off punctures and leaks. Be careful not to over-inflate your air mattress. Doing so could break seams and cause your air mattress to leak.
- Always ensure your new mattress has easy-to-use valves for quick inflation and deflation. Many models come with a built-in pump or a hand pump for ease of use. Many built in pumps are easy to plug in and make inflating your air mattress much easier.
- Size and height can vary greatly among air mattresses. Consult product information specifics on dimensions, as the size of air mattresses can differ from that of traditional air mattresses.
- Some air mattresses come lined in ultra-soft materials, like velour, for additional comfort.
- For convenience, choose an air mattress that comes with a carrying bag.
- Sleeping pads are ultra-lightweight and easy to pack, perfect for backpackers and those looking for a lighter load.
- Looking for maximum comfort? Many premium air mattresses come with adjustability settings so that you can achieve a precise level of softness or firmness. Others come with integrated “headboards” that help keep pillows in place.
Keep in mind that your air mattress may initially seem like it is softening or losing air. This is likely because the fabric is stretching and settling. After several uses, this should stop.
Follow our expert guide on the best air mattress to make your purchasing journey easy and fast.
The Intext Comfort Plush Queen Air Mattress is a top-rated bestseller. This comfortable air mattress features Fiber-Tech construction that boasts built-in horizontal air chambers for stability and support. Lightweight, high-strength fibers deliver durability, while a plush flocked top covering provides ultimate comfort. Enjoy a home-like feel thanks to the elevated height.
If you're roughing it on campgrounds, but still want to get a good night's sleep, turn to the Coleman River Gorge All-Terrian Air Mattress. Perfect for your next outdoor adventure, this air mattress features reinforced construction for stability and comfort. Puncture Guard promises a tough, heavy-duty design. For quick inflation, a built-in 4D pump is reliable and easy to use.
For low maintenance campers, check out the Klymit Static V Inflatable Sleeping Pad. This extremely compact and lightweight sleeping pad inflates in just 10-15 breaths. Advanced body mapping technology mimics the contour of the human body and delivers excellent support. A v-chamber design limits heat loss and air movement.